Monday, April 13, 2009

Dinner

Tonight, Jake and I cooked one of the soup mixes I bought at the Agricenter's Spring Market. It was a Cheesy Chicken Enchilada mix from All of Us in Louisiana. It was great - Rachael and I went and got 3 mixes each (if you bought 5, the 6th was free so we combined our order) for 40$. Each mix makes 1 gallon of soup. For this one, we had to put in shredded chicken (1 & 1/2 lbs), can of diced tomatoes, and evaporated milk. It took 30 minutes tops to cook (from start to finish) and tasted amazing. We're both a little sick due to allergies so it was great for our throats. I also bought their River Road Chili and River Road Gumbo mix. I can't wait to make the gumbo one! I was thinking about making it with shrimp and chicken for when we have people over next time. I've been wanting to have a deck party to celebrate the railing on our deck going in (when it finally does).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs