Monday, November 2, 2009

The saga and resolution of the Bee's Wax

When we bought our house, I knew the first thing I'd need to do was paint. Everything. It was painted all white when they were prepping to sell (which I'm glad they did instead of paint colors I didn't like) but it made the house look very bland, depressing, and even more "granny."



This is a view from the front door looking into the dining room - the living room is to your right.

As my faithful blog readers know, and those of you who lived through it know even better, I went to Sherwin Williams to tackle my first paint project. I was quite excited and enthusiastic. We'd been in the house less than a day. Nothing could get me down. We cleaned, prepped, and painted our little hearts out. I woke up the next morning to this:


Not that there is anything wrong with this shade of yellow. It is a nice buttercream yellow. But it wasn't what I wanted - what matched all my decor. I had asked for Bee's Wax, which is a deep, rich, gold yellow. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and went to the paint store, where my fears were confirmed: I'd been given the wrong paint (Beeswax, not Bee's Wax).




As soon as we got the new paint on the walls (here we are mid- painting), I could tell a difference. The new paint was indeed the right color.



Here's the final product on the walls. Much nicer - it compliments the wood tones, and coordinates nicely with my red accessories. Since this picture was taken we've taken the plastic off our furniture and arranged it in a livable design. Once I get two little projects out of the way, I'll post more on that!

1 comment:

Ackerley said...

Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. Weed shop California

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs