Monday, March 15, 2010

Coat Closet Project

With Eric in town, I was motivated to get a lot of projects done. One that I had been wanting to do for a while was to organize the front closet. Our coat closet is very deep and had been stacked with various home items since a major clean up in December when all the extras just got thrown into the closet. 

First, I took all our jackets and hung them up on the rod (innovative, right?). Then I stacked the paint cans on the floor in the back instead of having them scattered all over the closet. I took out two of the shelves against the back wall to use for another project and so this made our coat rack more legit (before, the coats were pressed up against two shelves). 

After putting away various things where they really should have gone, the coat closet was again possessing the ability to walk into - and with the recent ripping of the carpet, also was nice and clean with wood floors. It was time to implement my organization project: a pegboard wrapping paper station. 

First, I went to Home Depot and bought a 2X4 sheet of pegboard from their pre-cut wood aisle. This pegboard comes white and was about $5. I decided to take leftover spray paint and paint it turquoise. 

I also bought a bag of hooks and a set of three baskets. The total for all of that was about $10. With those supplies, I put the pegboard up in the closet on one wall and had this:

 

1 comment:

Martha said...

Great idea! I might have to use this one in our hall closet. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs