Sunday, March 14, 2010

A visit from Eric

This past weekend, a good friend of mine from college came to Memphis to visit. Eric is a 3L at UT Law School and we met as Orientation Leaders at UT in 2005. Eric happens to love houses and fixing them up and I happened to be tackling a big weekend of projects so he took the 6 hour drive to Memphis and helped me out. 

The projects I was working on were varied but all related to the house. They roughly could be summed up as:
1) staining quarter round and installing it in the living/dining room
2) staining new trim and doors around laundry room
4) creating a "counter" for the laundry room
5) creating an organization system for the coat closet
6) starting on the big office makeover

One of Eric's many strengths is that he is very accurate and perceptive so when it comes to projects, he is a hard worker and a bit of a perfectionist. He also knows how to do a lot of things I don't, so it was a fun, successful weekend of working on projects. 

Yet, in between those projects, we also found time to have some fun too. We went to Central BBQ for lunch on Saturday. I realized I've never blogged about Central BBQ and that is a travesty. When people ask about favorite bbq places in Memphis, my go-to is Central. I think their bbq has the best flavor and consistency and their nachos can't be beat. We even had it at our rehearsal dinner!

I absolutely love Central BBQ and it was one of the things I missed most about Memphis when I was in Knoxville. You just can't get bbq like that there. Central also is great because there are several different items on the menu that I like. Jake gets the wings and half chicken sometimes, and I like to get the plate with mac and cheese and green beans. Considering I'm a pretty picky eater, that means it is a good restaurant. 

Eric had been to Central BBQ several times with me and said that coming to Memphis, Central BBQ was a must. 

Other than Central, we also ate at Bosco's, Kooky Canuck, and Cafe Eclectic. So, even though we were working (very) hard on the house, we still had some fun times out too!

1 comment:

emwvaughan said...

I wish I could have been there to help! Maybe Eric and I can coordinate for another weekend of projects/BBQ later this spring. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs