Friday, October 15, 2010

Homeowners for a year!

On October 15, 2009 Jake and I signed our lives over to the mortgage company. I can't believe it has been a whole year since we bought the house! The process was all such a whirlwind anyway. To sum it up - 

1) We decided to buy a house after looking at the tax credit and interest rates
2) We looked on the MLS online (I had actually looked for a long time because I love looking on the MLS so I knew what was out there and what was reasonable/etc) and started sending each other endless links
3) My mom got in the game and sent us even more links!
4) My mom and I found a foreclosure house we liked in Evergreen Historic District. We called my parent's agent (who didn't even know we were looking) and she met us at that house that afternoon
5) We put an offer on the foreclosure house but were competing with 2 other bids
6) They turned down our offer
7) We kept searching and found our house within two weeks.
8) The day we were going to take our parents through the house to see if we should get it, the foreclosure house called back, wanting us to offer again.
9) We toured both and finally decided for the money this was better (the other was a major risk but was in a great neighborhood and had a lot of character). 
10) We offered on this house and got it!

Den before and after:

 Dining Room before and after:
Living Room before and after:



Here's my posts chronicling come of our house projects over the past year:
We've still got a lot of work to do but I can't believe how different things look a year out. My favorite improvement was ripping out the carpet, closely followed with the laundry room. It is finally starting to feel like home! Now... on to that kitchen project that has been in the works for a while. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs