Monday, December 5, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip.

As mentioned in my post yesterday, I went to this fabulous ornament party where we had lots of fun and laughed a lot. I took two dips and today I'm going to share the second of them, the buffalo chicken dip.

I've eaten this dip at a lot of places and it is a favorite of mine. This particular recipe was found after some serious inter webs trolling on Taste of Home's website. You'll see a lot of people use blue cheese in the dip but since that is a particular taste and not everyone's favorite, I felt it wasn't a good choice for a big party.

Here's the original recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Creamy-Buffalo-Chicken-Dip

And here's my results!

Ingredients (for both dips - don't worry, this doesn't have bacon):

The Dip! (on the left):

And a few notes - we used real chicken, cooked and shredded, because canned chicken kind of freaks me out. This worked fine but in the future not only would I shred it, but chop it into small pieces. The only downside about the shredded chicken pieces is it made it difficult to eat as a dip. Also, I used Frank's hot sauce. I definitely recommend it for authentic buffalo flavor.

The dip was a hit and a lot of people asked for the recipe, so here it is!

Buffalo Chicken Dip:

  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
  • 1 cup ranch salad dressing
  • 3 cans (4-1/2 ounces each) chunk white chicken, drained and shredded
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • Corn or tortilla chips
  • Thinly sliced green onions, optional

Directions

  • In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, hot pepper sauce and salad dressing. Stir in chicken.
  • Spread into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions if desired. Serve with chips.


In all things hot and spicy,
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs